So here was the ridiculous schedule that I managed to actually keep up with after I quit my job and made my way to Tucson, Arizona.
December 12: Quit Work
December 13: Drive to Georgia to visit Anita and Patrick
December 15: Drive to Tennessee to visit the Hokansons, Cook twins, and Dawsons
December 18: Drive back to Ohio
December 21: Drive to Indiana for our annual Christmas
December 27: Drive to Houston, TX to leave my car
December 28: Fly to Maryland for Christmas and New Years with the immediate fam
January 2: Fly back to Houston
January 3: Attend Dan and Abby's Wedding
Night of January 3- Drive to Tucson
January 5: Start my new job!!
Goodness it was almost as tiring to write all that as it was to actually do.
So, lets talk about the drive for a minute. At a quick glance you would think, "Man driving by yourself all the way to Tucson would totally stink!" But I did have a pretty sweet set up. First of all I am driving a beautiful Ford Escape. Her name is Essie and she was very faithful to me. She had better be since she's only a year old (this all reminds me that she is long over due for a car wash). Anyway...I had satellite radio, an iPOD full of music, a fully charged phone, friends to call, a GPS navigation system, plenty of water, snacks, and lots of gum. Add it all up and the potentially worst 24 hours of my life weren't so bad.
Plus most of the way from Houston the speed limit was 80!! Loved that!
I've included some pics of my packed car (yikes!) and my lovely view while on the road.
1 comment:
Awe..glad you are safe. I would have loved to accompany you on that road trip. How fun! Thanks again for stopping by to see us! Give my regards to Stu.
Post a Comment